The oldest church in the immediate area, First Parish Church was founded by Scotch-Irish Presbyterians in the spring of 1719. Faith was and continues to be a priority. Worship was held one day after arrival, a church body was organized in one month and a building was built in 1722. A “more imposing structure” replaced the first in 1769, and although altered and expanded through time, the main building and sanctuary remain our center of worship. First Parish Church became an independent community church in the Congregational tradition about 1810 as new settlers came to the area. Through the years the church has always had a strong instinct for both survival and faithfulness. In 1973 and again in 1985, we made major commitments to educational and community ministry through the additions of Noyes Hall and Currier Hall. We joined the United Church of Christ in 1995.